Y Strap Chiropractor Charleston SC | JP Chiropractic

Y Strap chiropractor Near me


​​​​​​​We are the closest Y Strap chiropractic office near you...

Is it right for you?


The closest one to us that we are aware of is Dr. Joseph Cipriano in Greenville, SC. If you're closer to Charleston give us a call. Please keep reading to learn more about the Y Strap adjustment.

We are the only Y Strap chiropractor nearby. Thanks for visiting and hopefully we can get you educated and perhaps treated with one of our protocols such as the Y-Strap spinal traction here in Charleston, SC. The Y Strap has been around a long time, but it's popularity suddenly grew in the last couple years due to Youtube sensations like Dr. Joseph Cipriano in Greenville.


If you are ready to schedule to see if the Y-Strap is right for you you can do so by texting/calling us at 843-473-7246 or online at calendly.com/drjase. Due to the recent Youtube videos broadcasting Chiropractors performing the Y-Strap Chiropractic Adjustment. I do use the Y Strap in my office, and I am one of the only Chiropractors in South Carolina who does.

I do NOT use it on every patient, thus it is up to the presenting symptoms of the patient, and my discretion, if I decide to use it or no. Currently, I use it on about 35% of my patients simply because the other 65% don't seem to need it or don't like it.



Is the Y-Strap safe?

The Y Strap is a safe technique originally developed by the Pettibon Technique. To watch an experienced Pettibon doctor explain his technique watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4R6s80g6EY for a full explanation and proper use of the Y-Strap.


What does the Y-Strap Traction help with?

The Y-Traction helps with neck pain, degenerative disc, poor alignment, stiffness, pinched nerves, decompression, muscle tightness, aches and pain, numbness, tingling, radiating pain, upper back pain, mid back pain and lower back pain. The Y-Strap aka Y-Traction is a great tool that works for simple straight forward cases as well as complicated chronic cases.

Pettibon states, "the Y-Axis Traction Strap corrects "kinks" in the epi-pia collagen network, beginning at the spinal cord. The cartilage and collagen of the joint capsules are shortened and strengthened on the acute angle side of the deviations, making correction difficult unless stretching and time-dependent procudures are used. Use only on a warmed up spine - increases oxygenation level."


Do you adjust the spine before performing the Y-Strap?

Yes, I always almost always clear the spine first. This reduces torsion and torquing throughout the spine to allow for a deeper and cleaner traction.


How Much is Too Much with the Y Strap?

I only know what I do. We do things conservatively at our office. But this tool is a great tool for handling scar tissue in and around spinal joints from prior surgeries, wear and tear or other wise. We provide this service in South Carolina to imporve our patient outcomes and satisfaction. It's not for everyone, but it is a powerful tool in treating common conditions like tech neck and more.


How Much Does the Y-Strap Adjustment Cost?

Prior to any procedures we perform in our clinic a thorough exam/history will be conducted. Following that we may need to shoot some x-rays of your spine to determine the exact extent of your problem and if your problem is something we can help with. Having said that- if you have insurance we treat it like a standard adjutment charge and don't charge extra at this time (subject to change).


Why Do You Use the Y-Strap When Most Chiropractors Don't?

I've been practicing for almost 10 years as a licensed doctor of chiropractic. In those 10 years I've adjusted thousands of different spines, but not everyone responds to traditional chiropractic methods. I was a heavy hitting football player back in the day with a lot of compression going into my head and neck from being a power back and middle linebacker. I like the Y-Strap because it offers my athletes, desk-letes and chronic pain-letes an awesome option.


​​​​​​​Does the Y Strap Hurt?

It highly depends on you. Some people try it thinking that's what they need and then don't like it because they had some pinching in the traps. Others didn't know they needed it and love it. Typically, the patient and doctor will discuss subjectively and objectively what to expect with the y strap.



Roya1234 none 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Closed Closed chiropractor # # # https://www.google.com/maps/place/JP+Chiropractic/@32.8037484,-80.0402682,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x178ef340ce0b1f53!8m2!3d32.8037484!4d-80.0402682